Greenstone Church, named for its serpentine limestone cladding, sits diagonally across from Arcade Park on the corner of 112th Street and Saint Lawrence Avenue. Designed by Solon Beman and completed in 1882, the Richardsonian Romanesque building features a 92-ft. steeple and large, stained glass rose window. The interior features cherry wood furnishings, including the altar and pews, and a Steere and Turner pipe organ that contains 1,260 pipes ranging in size from the large front pipes to some as slim as pencils. It is one of the few manual tracker organs remaining in the United States.
The Greenstone Church was designed to be of use to a range of Christian denominations. The rent, however, was considered too high for many. The church building sat empty while smaller denominations found less expensive meeting places in the Market Hall, Arcade, and Casino buildings. A Presbyterian congregation occupied the church until 1905, when a Methodist congregation purchased the building. Since 2002, it has been occupied by the Greenstone United Methodist Church.