Engine Company 80 Firehouse

The Firehouse was built in 1894 in a Romanesque style. It replaced the earlier firehouse, located across from the Arcade Building in southern Pullman. The tall, narrow tower was used to survey the area for any signs of fire nearby, and also to hang and dry fire hoses. It is the last surviving firehouse in Chicago with a hose-drying watchtower.

Throughout its history, the building has been operated by the Chicago Fire Department and used as a storage facility by the Sherwin-Williams Company. Today, the historic fire station is owned by the City of Chicago, and is not in use.